Content from the UK Stroke Forum 2020
The UK Stroke Forum goes virtual
This year’s UK Stroke Forum is going virtual while concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic still loom. The SSEF team enjoy being a part of the conference annually and this year will be no exception. We welcome you to come and pay us a visit in our virtual booth, and you will find lots of additional links and information below.
What is the SSEF?
Please take some time to watch this short video on what the SSEF is all about!
How can the SSEF help you as a healthcare professional?
- Self-assess your knowledge and skills.
- Identify unmet learning needs.
- Find relevant courses for professional development.
- Automatically update your personal profile for following training completion.
- Keep an online training record demonstrating life-long learning at the appropriate level for yourself, your career, and your employer.
Below, Sophie Jenkins describes the real-world application of the SSEF for her personal development planning.
An example of the SSEF profile Sophie may see as an Occupational Therapist can be found here: Occupational Therapist (Band 5)
Some additional example profiles for different roles can be found below:
How can the SSEF help you as an education and training provider?
- Inform the stroke-specific elements of your curriculum.
- Register your educational opportunities in the online course catalogue.
- Receive feedback from your course attendees to inform continual improvements.
Have a look at our Course Provider User Guide for more details: Course Provider User Guide
If you are looking for information on how to set up your SSEF Account, your personal SSEF Profile or how to review a course you have completed, check out the links below for the respective guides:
To read more about the research behind the design of the SSEF and the need to promote stroke-specific education, have a look through our publications below.
We hope to see you face-to-face in 2021!