Below you will find the most frequently asked questions received by the SSEF team.
If your query is not answered, then please contact SSEFEnquiries@uclan.ac.uk.
SSEF User Queries
To create your personal SSEF profile you must first register for an account. You will then be prompted to provide some information about your role, and self-assess your knowledge and skills against the SSEF. For more detailed instructions please view the following guide: Creating your personal SSEF account & profile
If your organisation isn’t listed when you are setting up your profile, it may be due to a number of reasons:
- The name you have typed may not match that of the name in our databases.
- The organisation is listed at a different hierarchal level. (E.g. University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust instead of Westmorland Hospital and vice versa).
- The organisation may not be in our database at this point.
If you believe the organisation is not listed, then please contact SSEFEnquiries@uclan.ac.uk and provide details of the organisation you wish to be added to the list. The SSEF team will then make the suggested update.
We are always looking to add new roles, however, these take time to develop and are prioritised based on a number of criteria including interest from our users. So please do get in touch if your role or band is not represented in the Role profile Library. Contact SSEFEnquiries@uclan.ac.uk detailing the role and band that you are looking for
Yes, you can change any detail on your profile at any time. To update this information, go to Step 1 in your dashboard and update the information.
Please note that, if you choose a different band, or role, you will need to complete self-assessment again, to generate an updated knowledge and skill report. You will not lose your previous self-assessment, simply select the previous role for which you have self-assessed, and your results will be shown again.
If you are logged in to your SSEF account, there is a button in the top right of the dashboard page to change your password.
If you are unable to access your account, on the sign-in page, please click ‘Can’t access your account?’ below the sign in button to have a reset password link sent. The link will be sent to the email address registered with your SSEF account.
For detailed instructions, please see Step 4 in the following guide: Creating your SSEF account
Perhaps you have changed employer and your account was created using your previous organisation’s email address. If you need to update your information, please contact SSEFEnquiries@uclan.ac.uk with both the current registered email address and the new email address. The SSEF team will update your account accordingly.
In the first instance, please contact the Course Provider with any enquiries. Education and training opportunities registered in the SSEF Course Library are not developed, delivered, or maintained by the SSEF team. External Course Providers are invited to register their stroke-specific opportunities here to make accessing training easier for the stroke care workforce. Course Providers are encouraged to provide up to date curriculum and contact information within their SSEF Course Page, however the SSEF team cannot guarantee that course information is up-to-date. Should you have difficulty contacting those responsible, or believe a course should no longer be listed, please contact the SSEF Team who will explore this.
To automatically update your personal SSEF profile with the learning you have completed on a SSEF registered Course you must visit your dashboard. At the bottom of the page, there is a section titled ‘Update your personal SSEF profile and review a course’. Each course has a unique ‘Course Code’ which the Course Provider should supply upon completion. Input this code here and click ‘go’. You will then be asked to review the course by leaving a star rating and any constructive feedback for the course provider, and other course users. Click ‘Post a comment’ to submit your review. If you do not have the Course Code, please contact the Course Provider.
Once your review has been submitted you will need to go back to your dashboard and scroll to the bottom of your the page where you will now see the ‘Completed and reviewed courses’ list. Click ‘Update my profile’ to update your personal SSEF profile. The knowledge and skills delivered in the course, detailed in the course listing in the SSEF Course Library, will automatically be added to your personal profile
For more detailed instructions please consult this step-by-step guide: Updating your personal SSEF profile and reviewing a course
SSEF Course Provider Queries
To register as a course provider for the SSEF online toolkit, simply follow this link ‘Register as a Course Provider‘. Follow the on screen instructions to provide the information required by the SSEF team. A member of the SSEF team will verify your account and provide you with guides and instructions to get started as a Course Provider – This process should be completed within 10 working days. Please note, to become a Course Provider you can either create a new course provider account, or upgrade your existing user account to course provider status.
It is recommended that a ‘generic’ organisational email address is used to create a Course Provider account, as opposed to a personal email address of an individual staff member, to avoid the need to change account details, and allow multiple users to take responsibility for keeping your information up to date.
For more detailed instructions, please see the following guide:
The SSEF Online Toolkit is free for all users and seeks to link education and training providers with the stroke care workforce to improve education and training provision. Advertising in the SSEF Course Library, including use of the SSEF logo in your marketing materials, is also free. In return for this free support, we ask that Course Providers (CPs) adhere to the following principles:
- Ensure that all courses registered in the Course Library are fully mapped to the Stroke-Specific Education Framework – this benefits CPs as the SSEF Online Toolkit will signpost your course to people who have unmet learning needs which match your curriculum.
- Ensure that the information in your course listing is clear and up to date. Listings should be reviewed annually and updated immediately following any changes to course curriculum and content – if significant changes have been made to the content you should archive the existing course and create a new record.
- Respond efficiently and effectively to enquiries from SSEF users.
- Provide SSEF users with the Course Code upon completion of any SSEF-registered opportunity to enable them to make the best use of the SSEF online Toolkit and automatically update their personal SSEF profile and development record.
- If a course is no longer available, you must Archive the listing in your Course Provider Dashboard to stop its being signposted to SSEF users.
You will need to visit your course provider dashboard by signing into your account. Here you will see a list of your SSEF registered courses. This page will show the course’s status (whether it is published, unpublished or archived). Each course has an edit button where you can change any of the course description details. If the curriculum is reviewed and updated, you can revise your mapping of the course content to the Stroke-Specific Education Framework in the ‘match to SSEF’ section. Remember to click Save at the bottom of the page to ensure edits are updated on the course listing.
As a Course Provider, your SSEF registered courses can be assigned a different status:
- This status means the course can only be seen by you – this is useful when you are initially registering a course and want to ensure your information is correct or have an internal editing process. You can also return the course to this status if you have any updates post publication.
- This status means the course is registered on the SSEF, advertised in the Course Library, is searchable by SSEF users, and the SSEF Online Toolkit will signpost it to SSEF users whose learning needs match the curriculum.
- This status should be applied if a course has been previously registered and published but is no longer available. The course will no longer be signposted to SSEF users. It is important that courses which have been completed by SSEF users and the course code has been used to update their personal profile, remain listed in the SSEF Course Library to ensure their personal SSEF profiles remain up to date.
There is no limit to how many courses you can register in your account. Though please be mindful of keeping these courses up to date.
If you are no longer involved with the delivery of a SSEF registered course, but your email account is still associated with the Course Provider account there are a number of options depending on the circumstances.
- The course is still running, but you are no longer involved in managing or delivering it:
- If someone is taking over your role, you can provide their details and the SSEF team will transfer the account to this person.
- The course will no longer be available upon your departure:
- You can archive the course, which means it will no longer be a live record in the Course Library. This course can be recovered at a later date if it were to continue, please contact the SSEF team with the course details in this case.
To access the staff calculator, click the ‘Staff Calculator’ tab from the SSEF website. This page will provide a brief description of the staff calculator and how to use it. At the bottom of this page, there will be a ‘staffing calculator’ button. This will take you directly to the staff calculator.
If you want further details regarding how to use the staffing calculator, then please visit: https://stroke-education.org.uk/what-is-staff-calculator/. To find this page, click on the ‘Staff calculator’ tab on the home page, then ‘Staffing calculator’ and select the ‘instructions’ button in the top right hand corner of the page.